Lazy Daisy CakeMarch 29, 2013
This recipe came to me via my mom’s side of the family. It comes together very quickly and has a delicious brown sugar-coconut frosted crust on top. Yumm!
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 T butter, divided
- 2 T cream
- 5 T brown sugar
- 3/4 c coconut flakes
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bow, combine the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk with one tablespoon of butter just to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add some of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix.
- Add some of the milk mixture and mix.
- Keep alternative until all mixed well.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a tester in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in the coconut to the cream mixture.
- Spread on the cake when nearly done and brown under the broiler.