I love potatoes! Growing up, we often had twice-baked potatoes. If you have never had some before, they are an amazing mix of baked potato filled with mashed potatoes. This recipe is from Food Network
and has the twist of an added sweet potato.
You will need:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 3 T unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
Then you will…
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the russet and sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake 30 minutes.
- Pierce each potato a few times with a fork and continue to bake until tender, 15 to 20 more minutes for the sweet potato and 20 to 25 more minutes for the russet potatoes. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potato. Transfer to a bowl and mash lightly with a fork until almost smooth. T
- Trim a thin slice off the top of each russet potato, cutting lengthwise.
- Scoop most of the flesh, leaving the shells intact.
- Push the regular potato into a second bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add the sour cream and butter to the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Stir in the scallions, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the nutmeg, 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in the sweet potato mash.
- Brush the potato skins with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Generously fill with the marbled potato mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts, 25 to 30 minutes.