Brooklyn Honey Beer BreadFebruary 21, 2013
I finally moved into my apartment in Brooklyn! To thank everyone who helped me unpack and hang things on the wall, I ordered pizza delivery from a local spot. My brother brought some Brooklyn Brewery beers to celebrate. I decided to use one of the extra bottles of Brooklyn Lager to make this quick bread. I also used some local honey to make this full of NY flavors.
You will need:
- 3 c flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 3 T honey
- 1 bottle (12 oz) of your favorite lager
- 6 T butter, melted
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×5 inch bread pan or a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the honey and beer. Be careful! The beer will react with the baking powder to fizz, so be sure the bowl is not too full to start.
- Pour half of the butter into your prepared dish. Spread the dough in the pan. Top with the remaining butter.
- Bake until the bread is golden brown on top and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. A loaf pan should take about 45-60 minutes; the round pan will take about.
- Best served warm out of the oven with a little fresh honey and butter.