Slow Cooker Greek ChickenNovember 17, 2012
I don’t remember where I got this recipe, but it is quite yummy even if the chicken and sauce look rather neutral (it is not the best for photographing!). It comes together with minimal effort on the cook’s part and the result is a very light dish.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or tenders, trimmed of fat
- 1 1/2 t lemon pepper
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t ground allspice
- 4 pita pockets
- 1 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c crumbled feta, scant
- 2 T dill
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 c cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
Then you will…
- In a slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice. Mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Stir yogurt, feta and dill into onion mixture in slow-cooker.
- Spoon chicken onto warmed pita bread. Top with yogurt sauce, tomato, cucumber, and red pepper.