Buckeye BarsNovember 10, 2012
This is inspired by Ohio and their buckeye traditions. It is a quick, no bake treat that is almost like a fudge when you are done. I brought these to work, and they had all disappeared by 10:00 a.m.!
You will need:
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 3/4 c crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 4 oz cool whip topping, frozen (do not thaw!)
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides.
- Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Add wafer crumbs; mix well.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Press onto bottom of pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave cool whip and the chocolate on HIGH 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 15 to 30 seconds more or until chocolate is melted; stir until well blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve.