Cream Cheese Monkey BreadOctober 31, 2012
This was inspired by a Pip & Ebby post, which I adapted for a Presidential debate snack. The recipe below is more closely aligned with their original recipe. If you want to make it extra special, mix in some canned pumpkin (about a 1/4 cup) and some cinnamon sugar to the cream cheese. Just let the cream cheese come to room temperature before trying to blend the extras in! Because of the cream cheese, any leftovers should be covered and refrigerated.
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3/4 c butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed into 20 pieces
- 24 oz refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits (should be 20 discs of dough)
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar and granulated sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Set aside.
- Set your biscuit discs on a flat surface and place one cube of cream cheese into the center of each piece of dough.
- Wrap the edges of the dough up and around each cube of cream cheese as much as you can.
- Place 10 of the dough-wrapped cream cheese cubes, cheese-side-up, into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture and half of the melted butter.
- Top with the remaining dough-wrapped cream cheese cubes, cheese-side-down, and the remaining sugar mixture and butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter and serve warm!