Chicken Cordon BleuOctober 5, 2012
This recipe comes from Tyler Florence and will result in some really tasty dinner. I swapped pancetta for prosciutto, but try it both ways! I also recommend cooking this on parchment paper, as it makes clean up incredibly easy.
You will need:
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 lb Gruyere, grated
- 1/4 c flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 T butter, melted
- 2 eggs
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove the top sheet of plastic and lay 2 slices of prosciutto neatly over the top to cover the breast and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the prosciutto.
- Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll inside the plastic wrap. Squeeze the log gently to seal and twist both ends tight to form a nice log. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- On a plate, season the flour with salt and pepper.
- In a second dish, mix the bread crumbs with thyme, garlic and kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter. The butter will help the crust brown.
- Beat together the eggs and season so the flour, the eggs and the crumbs are all seasoned.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, dip in the egg mixture and gently coat in the bread crumbs.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and carefully transfer the roulades onto it.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and cooked through.