Rosemary WalnutsSeptember 21, 2012
These are incredibly easy to put together and are great as a bar nibble with a glass of cabernet sauvignon. They would also be delicious mixed in with rice pilaf as a side dish, as recommended in J. Silverman Hough’s wine pairings book.
You will need:
- 2 c raw walnut halves
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 t red wine vinegar
- 2 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 t coarse kosher salt
Then you will…
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the walnuts and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re fragrant and tasted, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the vinegars, rosemary and salt, stirring until the mixture is evenly distributed and has been absorbed into the walnuts.
- Transfer to a serving dish to cool before enjoying!