Chocolate Citrus Cornmeal BiscottiAugust 3, 2012
This recipe is from Giada, and I used it for a cookie table at a friend’s wedding shower. I really liked the cornmeal in the biscotti. Yumm!
You will need:
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c fine cornmeal
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 T orange zest
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Then you will..
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the orange and lemon zests to the dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture to the eggs and beat just until blended (the dough will be soft and sticky). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, form two mounds evenly spaced apart.
- Moisten your hands with water and shape the dough into two 11×4 inch logs.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 35 minutes. Cool the logs for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs crosswise into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Arrange the biscotti cut-side down on the same baking sheet. Bake until pale and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cool the biscotti on the sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, about 1 1/2 minutes total.
- Dip 1 cut side of each biscotti into the melted chocolate.
- Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti, chocolate side up, on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- Dip a pastry brush in the cocoa, then lightly brush the cocoa over the chocolate on each biscotti.
- Store in an airtight container up to 4 days or wrap in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.