Honey Pistachio BiscottiJuly 22, 2012
I also made these Ellie Krieger biscotti for the wedding shower. They were light and nutty!
You will need:
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 T honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c unsalted, shelled pistachios, chopped
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In batches, add the dry ingredients until the mixture forms a dough. Stir in the pistachios.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead several times.
- Shape into a log about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut 1/2-inch diagonal slices. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Turn the cookies over and bake the biscotti until golden 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, honey, eggs, oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla