Peach Zucchini BreadJuly 8, 2012
Summer is the time of year for abundant zucchini and ripe, juicy peaches. They work well together in this summer sweet bread, which is a variation on my Summer Squash Bread.
You will need:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c pureed fresh peaches, skinned and pitted
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 2 c zucchini, grated and squeezed to rid of extra moisture (~ 2 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar, pureed peach, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and the walnuts (if using) until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the bread is golden and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, approx. 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes; then unmold and allow to cool completely on the rack.