Balsamic-Basil Strawberries with Spiced Ricotta CreamJune 27, 2012
In honor of my birthday, you get this recipe! I made this easy summer dessert the other night, and I fell in love. It is so simple and yet really addictive. Even if you think it sounds weird, promise me that you will give it a try. You may be surprised…just like me!
You will need:
- 1 c fresh ricotta cheese (you could probably used non-fresh, but fresh is extra delicious)
- 3 T honey
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 16 oz fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 T fresh basil, chopped
Then you will…
- Blend together the ricotta, honey, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the balsamic and sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Pour the balsamic syrup over the strawberries and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the basil into the strawberries before serving.
- Serve with the spiced honey ricotta cream. Yumm!