Potato-Crusted QuicheJune 21, 2012
You will need:
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 t salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg (8 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed an squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 1/2 c Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 c skim milk
- Salt and pepper
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate well.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the potato with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- Press potato mixture into the prepared pan and up the slides.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium heat in a large, nonstick skillet. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Spread the grated cheese over the pre-baked crust.
- Spread the spinach over the cheese, and then spread the mushroom mixture on top of the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables until just below the edges of the crust.
- Once the oven has reduced to 375, bake for 40-50 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.