Banana Raisin Bread PuddingApril 4, 2012
Bread pudding is one of my favorite comfort desserts. This version has lots of raisins and banana, which makes it fruity and creamy and extra yummy. I used some leftover challah after I made a brunch french toast, but it would work with almost any type of bread you have lying around.
You will need:
- 4 c cubed day-old bread
- 2 banana, sliced (and cut larger slices in half)
- 1/2 c raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 c milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T bourbon (optional)
Then you will need…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes along with the raisins and banana in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar. Add milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon (if using). Blend well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and stir. Allow to rest 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly spread the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.