Bacon and Corn TartMarch 29, 2012
I found this recipe in Cooking Light and decided to try it out for a work potluck lunch. It was a big hit!
You will need:
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 c fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 c scallions, chopped
- 1 c low-fat milk
- 1/4 c shredded cheese, divided (recipe calls for Parmesan; I used Romano)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-oz) refrigerated pizza dough
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray the bottom of a 10 1/2 inch round removable bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon slices in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until bacon is lightly browned.
- Add corn and onions, saute 3 minutes. Place the corn mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, half of the cheese, salt, pepper, egg whites, and egg; stir until well blended.
- Unroll dough onto lightly floured surface and let rest 5 minutes.
- Pat dough into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Pour bacon mixture into the dough and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until set. Cool tart in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.