Applesauce Raisin CakeMarch 25, 2012
On one of my last visits to my brother, we decided to make dessert out of the ingredients in his apartment. We came up with this delicious applesauce raisin cake and topped it with a cream cheese frosting. You could dust with just powdered sugar or add your favorite frosting.
You will need:
- 1/2 c margarine, softened
- 1 c applesauce, scant
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/2 c raisins
Then you will…
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with tinfoil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the margarine, sugar, applesauce and egg until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and raisins; stir into the applesauce mixture.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack to cool completely.