Garbanzo “Nuts”March 21, 2012
These are an interesting substitute for popcorn or real nuts as a movie snack, because they are very crunchy. There are many variations on this recipe online. You should play with it until you find a spice mixture that excites you! Taste test one or two before removing from the oven to make sure they are crispy enough for you.
You will need:
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed and patted dry to remove excess water
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika and chili powder.
- In a large bowl, toss garbanzo beans with the lime juice, olive oil, and spices.
- Spread the garbanzo beans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.