Almond-Crusted Chicken FingersFebruary 8, 2012
I yanked this recipe from Eating Well, because it looked really simple. I also like that the breading has almond in it for an unusual twist. This comes together quickly and is delicious.
You will need:
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 1/4 c whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t dry mustard
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 t olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 lb chicken tenders
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick spray (or simply line with parchment paper).
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute.
- With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat.
- Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture.)
- Place the tenders on the prepared tray and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Flip once halfway through.