Sherried Mushrooms and Green BeansDecember 6, 2011
This is a slightly different way to use green beans that adds a bunch of flavor and keeps them crisp all the way till they get to your plate.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 T butter, divided
- 1/3 c Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c dry sherry
- 3 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 t fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Then you will…
- Steam the beans for 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and strain.
- Melt 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and allow to cook until the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sherry and bring to a boil. Cook until the sherry almost evaporates, roughly 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the beans.
- Cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated, tossing to coat.
- Remove from heat and mix in the herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.