Cheddar Apple BreadNovember 29, 2011
Cheddar Apple Bread is a version of beer quick bread. Here you substitute beer for hard cider and pair the cheddar with tart apple.
You will need:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 c shallot, minced
- 1/2 c apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled and shredded and squeezed in paper towel to remove extra moisture
- 3 c flour
- 3 T sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 c sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 bottle (12 oz) hard cider
- 1 T butter, melted
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small non-stick pan, heat the olive oil. Cook the shallot and apple together, over medium heat, for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Add the shallot mixture, shredded cheese and hard cider.
- Stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the loaf, and bake an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.