Cinnamon Apple BreadNovember 14, 2011
This is a sweet fall bread that will fill your house with the smell of baking apples and warm cinnamon. I only put the cinnamon sugar on top but, if you wanted an extra treat, you could pour half of the batter in the bread pan and sprinkle in an extra layer of cinnamon sugar in the middle of the loaf.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 t cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 t allspice
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c sugar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
Then you will…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, 2 t cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly – about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the oil, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar until well combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until flour is barely combined.
- Gently fold in the apple. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the bread batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until loaf is golden
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.