Vodka Pesto Blush SauceNovember 10, 2011
This is a very fun sauce for your pasta. It also is very yummy when paired with the turkey-bacon meatballs from the last post!. If you decide not to use it all when you make it, freeze before adding the cream. Then when you defrost and reheat, you can add it in to increase the fresh taste.
You will need:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c vodka
- 1 c broth
- 1 can (28 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c pesto
- 2 t red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 T cream
Then you will…
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add in the shallots and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Stir in the vodka and allow to reduce by half.
- Stir in the broth and tomatoes with their juices.
- Allow to simmer and reduce for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto and season with the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the cream.