Turkey-Bacon MeatballsNovember 6, 2011
On a recent visit to my sister’s, we decided to make these meatballs. You start with light ground turkey and then add in a few slices of crispy bacon. The end result is deliciously baked meatballs. Because turkey is a leaner meat, these are best when simmered in some sauce prior to serving.
You will need:
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Then you will…
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Allow to cool on a piece of paper towel before chopping.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the chopped bacon, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with tinfoil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form meatballs approximately an inch in diameter and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.