Zucchini Pineapple Breakfast BreadJuly 5, 2011
When I brought the morning glory bread to work, I also made some of this zucchini pineapple breakfast bread with me. I had several zucchini in my fridge from my farm share that I wanted to use up, and this was another big hit. This particular recipe does make two loaves, so you will be able to have one for yourself and one for coworkers/friends, or just freeze the second one for later!
You will need:
- 3 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c grated zucchini (~ 1 1/2 medium zucchini)
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly coat two 9×5 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until light and foamy.
- Add the sugar, zucchini, oil and extracts to the eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the drained pineapple.
- Pour the batter evenly into both prepared bread pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing from the pan.