Apple Pecan Coffee CakeJune 8, 2011
There’s a cinnamon coffee cake that you can get at one of my favorite coffee shops near home. The other morning I was missing home, so I thought I’d mix up a coffee cake of my own with some apples I recently got through my farm share. In my hunt for ideas, I adapted the following from a Deen family recipe. I think you’ll really like this one!
You will need:
- 1 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- Scant 3 1/4 c flour3 apples, diced
- 1 c pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 T honey
- 2-3 T milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 and lightly grease a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, eggs and sugar.
- Whisk in the extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk in the flour until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped apples and nuts.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 90 minutes (tester in middle should come out clean).
- Allow coffee cake to cool in the pan for an hour before removing and cooling completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar with the honey and milk. Adjust the milk amount until the glaze is a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle to taste!
NOTE: May be refrigerated for up to 3-5 days (if it lasts that long!)