Spinach-Pepper QuicheNovember 12, 2010
This is a quick-to-whip-up, light quiche that my parents fell in love with during my last visit home. It’s full of chopped spinach, roasted red peppers, and some feta cheese for oomph. We made it with an egg substitute, but you could always use 4 eggs instead. Just whisk them up before added to the veggie mixture. When baking, you want to bake until golden brown with a center that does not jiggle. Then you know it has cooked through!
You will need:
- 1 pie crust
- 1 box (~10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1 jar (~8 oz) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Line pie plate with the pie crust.
- In a bowl, stir together the spinach, peppers, onion, and spices. Mix in the egg.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake about 45-60 minutes until golden and set in the middle.