Oven Roasted TomatoAugust 20, 2010
There’s nothing better than a beautiful, ripe tomato. One of my friends brought me a pile of them straight from her mom’s garden back in Pittsburgh. I knew I was going to eat a lot of them straight, but I also wanted to try this recipe out. Slow roasting intensifies the flavor of the tomatoes, making them burst even more with flavor. You could use these to make a tomato sauce or soup, add them into some couscous with fresh basil, or mix them into a garden salad.
You will need…
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t fresh cracked pepper
- Fresh tomatoes — either 16 medium plum (cut in half) or about 6 medium heirloom (cut into quarters)
- Preheat the oven to 225. Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss gently to mix.
- Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Roast the tomatoes, cut side up, on the baking sheet for about 5-7 hours.