Chicken and Stuffing BakeJuly 25, 2010
This recipe reminds me of old-school casserole cooking and, yes, it’s basically a recipe off the stuffing box. I promise you that it is tasty and comes out of the oven with all sorts of delicious bubbling goodness. Another great thing about it is the simple ingredients and its quick prep/cook time.
You will need…
- 1 pkg (6-oz) stuffing mix (I used chicken flavored)
- 1 1/2 c stock
- 4 T margarine
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4-oz) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 c low-fat sour cream
- 1 bag (16-oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 T garlic powder
- 1 T cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare the stuffing as directed on the box, using the stock instead of water for more flavor (and margarine instead of butter). Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 13×9 baking dish. In the dish, mix together the chicken, soup, sour cream, vegetables, garlic powder and pepper. Spread evenly in dish.
- Top with the prepared stuffing. Bake 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the dish is bubbly and golden.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.