Salmon en papilloteJune 9, 2010
“Salmon in paper.” So easy and light, and yet you will impress anyone at your table. You can use just about any combination of veggies, so the possibilities are endless! You can also make this with filets or steaks of fish.
You will need:
- 4 filets (6 oz) fresh salmon
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 small bundle of asparagus, cut into manageable bites
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thin
- A handful of capers
- 2 T margarine
- Salt and pepper
- Any other desired seasonings (i.e. herbs de provence, lemon-pepper, splash of white wine, etc.)
- 4 large pieces of parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350. Set one piece of fish on each piece of paper/foil near the middle. Season with salt, pepper and any other spices desired.
- Top each piece of fish with lemon slices. Place 1/4 of the vegetables on either side of one of the pieces of fish. Dot with 1/2 T margarine.
- Seal up the fish into a small packet. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve hot and fragrant!