Feta-Baked HummusApril 27, 2010
Tired of traditional cold hummus with veggies? Try this baked version on for size! It combines traditional hummus with feta, and it comes out of the oven warm and bubbly. Fresh spiced pita chips make it a great idea for a party starter!
- 10 oz hummus (homemade or from the store)
- 1 c feta, crumbled
- 3/4 t cumin
- 3 (6-inch) pitas
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the hummus with the feta and cumin.
- Using cooking spray, lightly grease a small baking dish. Spread the hummus mixture in the dish.
- Bake at 400, while you prepare the pita chips.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. (If you want thin chips, break each wedge into its two halves!). Spread on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, red pepper and black pepper.
- Lightly coat pita with more cooking spray and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- If you want more chips, double or triple from the pita through the pepper!
- Reduce the oven to 350 and bake the chips alongside the hummus until crisp and golden, about 12-15 minutes.