Stovetop Artichoke PotatoesApril 15, 2010
This is another recipe inspired by Cooking Light that I adapted for Easter. They roast this in the oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes, which would be really tasty too. Try it both ways, if you’d like!
You will need…
- 2 cans (~15 oz each) artichoke hearts in water (you could also use the oil packed ones, which would take on that flavor)
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb potatoes, sliced in about 1/2-inch thick slices if large or halved if baby
- 1 T margarine
- 3 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of water to remove some of the starchiness while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and cut in half, placing in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 T olive oil. Add the potatoes and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until just starting to become tender about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the artichokes with the lemon juice. Cook, uncovered, until starting to brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss with the lemon zest, parsley and margarine. Season with more salt and pepper if needed!
Note: This is another recipe that is just as delicious at room temperature as it is warm!