Orange-Fig Holiday HamApril 13, 2010
I read about this recipe from Paul Deen’s sons and thought it looked like an interesting one for Easter. It’s not too sweet and goes really well with any good bone-in ham. My family liked enough that they opted not to have any mustard with this ham! Success!
You will need…
- 1 spiral sliced half ham (I used a semi-boneless 9.5 lb ham from Whole Foods)
- 1 c fig jam
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1navel orange
- Juice of 1 navel orange
- Preheat the oven according to the ham packaging.
- Cook the ham according to its instructions. A half hour before it’s done, remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the jam, mustard, zest and juice in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the jam is melted; do not bring to a boil.
- Coat the ham with half of the glaze and bake for the last 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and coat with the remaining glaze.
- Serve hot or at room temperature!