Gorgonzola SteaksMarch 30, 2010
This recipe goes along with the last post, roasted tomato and garlic penne from Rachael Ray. It’s a great one for date nights or a dinner when you want to treat yourself! I made a few changes to limit what fresh herbs you need to gather, but it definitely still delicious!
You will need…
- 4 tenderloin steaks, about 1 1/4-inch thick
- 2 scallions, whites and greens chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 t thyme
- 1 t rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pat the steaks dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the steaks on each side, about 1 and half minutes each side.
- Toss the scallions, garlic, gorgonzola, thyme and rosemary together.
- Top the steaks with the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes or so until the cheese starts melting.