Chipotle Shrimp CupsFebruary 7, 2010
HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!
This is a quick, fun appetizer from a recent poll that is based on a Cooking Light recipe. It’s great because you can prep it in advance and then whip them together with minimal effort, which keeps you and your friends hanging out longer. I like that they are crispy and warm, which makes them particularly well suited to cold season parties…such as the Super Bowl or Mardi Gras. Also, they come as little cups, so you don’t need any fancy utensils to eat them either!
You will need…
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 c (6 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c chopped cooked shrimp
- 1 c chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 c bottled chipotle salsa
- 1/2 c chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit 1 wonton wrapper into each of 36 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pressing the wrappers into sides of cups.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep wontons in muffin cups.
- Combine cheese and remaining ingredients, and spoon about 1 T cheese mixture into each wonton cup.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from muffin cups. Serve immediately.