Shrimp FrescoJanuary 8, 2010
This is an easy dish with quick-cooking couscous and shrimp! You could use any pasta you had on hand.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (I like the jumbo because they are big enough not to get tough when reheating leftovers)
- 1 t salt
- 2 t pepper
- 1 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c baby spinach, chopped
- 1 c couscous
- Juice from tomato can plus water to equal 1 cup
- 1 bouillon cube (opt)
- 1 T margarine
- Handful feta crumbles (opt)
- Bring tomato water, bouillon and margarine to a boil.
- When water boils, add couscous. Cover and remove from heat. It will be done in about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil in a medium bowl.
- Add to a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes when the shrimp are about halfway cooked, and stir.
- Add the spinach and stir.
- Remove from heat when cooked through. Add couscous and mix.
- Serve topped with feta crumbles!