Oven Roasted PotatoesDecember 30, 2009
This is a staple side dish in my family. It’s quick and you can use whatever spice combination you have on hand from salt, pepper and garlic powder to Italian spices or whatever you like! If you were making a roast, you can also throw the potatoes in that baking dish to cook in the extra juices.
You will need:
- 1 small bag or box of red bliss potatoes
- 3 T olive oil
- Desired spice mix (I used 1 t oregano, 1 t parsley, 2 t garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and place in bowl with cold water to remove some starch. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add potatoes to 9 x 13 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning. Toss.
- Bake about an hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- They are done when cooked through and crispy on the outside.