Norwegian Nut CrescentsDecember 26, 2009
These cookies are another family holiday tradition. The recipe came down through my mom’s mom. They are pretty tasty, especially if you like pecans. Depending on how large you make them, the recipe can make 6 to 8 dozen cookies.
You will need:
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 c flour
- 2 c finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Grease cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and the salt until well mixed.
- Add flour, a little at a time, stirring thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and pecans. Work together with fingers until the mixture holds together.
- Take about 1 heaping teaspoon of dough at a time; roll lightly in palm to form finger-like strip.
- Gently curve into crescents.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet 12-15 minutes, or until starting to golden up.
- After cookies are baked, roll them in powdered sugar to coat. Place on brown paper bag to cool.
- Store between layers of waxed paper.