Momm’s Corn PuddingNovember 30, 2009
So the picture here doesn’t do justice to the tasty side dish. It’s become a tradition for most of our holiday meals and comes passed down on my momm’s side of the family. It’s great if you can get some fresh corn, but frozen it still works well!
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans of creamed corn (the larger ~15 oz versions)
- 1/4 c green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Some milk (about 3 T or so)
- Garlic and mustard powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a pie plate.
- Combine ingredients in the order listed. With the milk, you add enough so that the mixture is easy to stir but not soupy.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until set.