Island Steak TipsOctober 18, 2009
Dinner with friends is a great way to enjoy the weekend. What I liked about this was it’s simplicity in throwing together, and then all the crazy awesome flavors that came with it! JB had this recipe on hand. We also whipped together some couscous and roasted broccoli. So be sure to check out the quick broccoli recipe at the bottom of this post!
- 2 lb flank steak, lean
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 t chile powder
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 T fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 T Tabasco sauce
- Cut your steak as you want (cubes, strips, whole) and pat dry on both sides.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder and cinnamon.
- Rub the spices on the steak.
- Either heat up a grill or a skillet till moderately hot. Use some non-stick cooking spray if cooking inside.
- Combine the olive oil, brown sugar, garlic and Tabasco sauce in a small bowl.
- Cook the steak until seared on one side.
- Brush tops with sauce and flip.
- Coat other side of steak with sauce and cook until done to your liking.
QUICK AND EASY ROAST BROCCOLI
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread broccoli on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes or until soft and roasted. Be sure to toss the veggies part way through so they don’t stick to the pan.