Leek, ‘Sparagus & ‘Shroom FrittataOctober 9, 2009
This dish would be a great addition to a brunch. Or you could just have it for dinner like I did. The broiling at the end makes it very toasty and delicious!
You will need:
- 2 T butter
- 1 c chopped leeks (just the bottom parts…about 1 large leek)
- 1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed & cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c chopped bella mushrooms
- 9 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c shredded Fontina cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a heavy broilerproof skillet (I used a 12-inch one) over medium heat.
- Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms and a little salt & pepper. Saute until just tender, about another 6 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add 1 cup Fontina cheese and a little more salt and pepper.
- Add egg to skillet and fold gently to combine. Cook until almost set.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup Fontina plus the Parmesan over the top.
- Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.