Banana Anna BreadOctober 7, 2009
Since my sister really likes banana bread, I am always playing with this recipe. Here’s today’s version…it’s pretty darn tasty.
You will need:
- 6 T butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 T nutmeg
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
Let’s get started:
- Grease a bread pan. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the banana and egg. Mix well.
- Add the salt, baking powder and flours. Mix well.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.