Parmesan Potato PuffsOctober 1, 2009
If you know me at all, you know that I have a particular weakness for potatoes. I can make any day better by making (or finding!) some tasty version of the potato. This one is simple, although it takes about 45 minutes start to finish. Taken from Gourmet, these comes out fluffy inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
You will need:
- 8-10 small red bliss potatoes
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan
Here’s where you start…
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a medium pot and season generously with salt. Boil until almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and lightly crush to about 3/4 inch thick with a potato masher, keeping potatoes intact as much as possible.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Transfer potatoes with a spatula to skillet, then lower heat to medium-low and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly on paper towel. Serve sprinkled with cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper.