Citrus Garlic ShrimpAugust 25, 2009
This is one of my favorite easy dinners. I’ve had it over linguine a lot, but this time I had it over couscous. If you’ve never tried couscous, do it! It’s super quick and easy to cook; just boil the water and let the couscous sit in it, covered, for 5 minutes…then serve! The shrimp is also a great staple dish. It’s all tangy from the citrus, and not at all what you expect from a pasta dish. Sometimes I add a pat of butter to the sauce before serving over the linguine, but tonight I just grated some fresh Parm on top.
- 1 bag frozen shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced and zested
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- Pasta & Parmesan cheese
To make it, you…
- Combine citrus juices, lime zest, garlic, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and let marinate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high. Reduce heat to medium and toss in the shrimp with the juices. Cook until pink and tender.
- Serve over pasta and with cheese (if you want!). If you want some veggies, you can add some peas or whatever strikes your fancy!