Cashew Chicken SaladAugust 18, 2009
This is another “Ultrametabolism” recipe that I found. It’s light and refreshing and perfect for the summer — and totally tasty! In fact, I made it for an evening out at Wolf Trap. Nothing like sitting on the lawn, enjoying some homemade picnic food and listening to Crosby, Stills and Nash!
- 4 oz dry rice noodles (or 2 cups cooked)
- 2 T cashew butter
- 2 T plain unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 t minced fresh ginger
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 t lime zest
- 1/2 t sesame oil
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 c cooked diced chicken
- 2 c shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 sliced scallions
- 1 c sliced carrots
- 1/2 c sliced red bell pepper
- 1 fresh orange, cut into chunks
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T chopped cashews
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions.
- Combine cashew butter, vinegar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, lime zest, sesame oil and olive oil in a small bowl and stir vigorously until smooth. (I like to put my dressing ingredients in a small jar, cover and shake to mix).
- Place salad ingredients in a medium salad bowl along with the rice noodles and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and noodles. Garnish with cilantro and cashews.