I adapted this recipe from Self Magazine. I’d seen it in a recent edition and thought they looked intriguing. They will be a bit funny looking because of the pureed edamame and portobellos, but they add lots of extra flavor and protein!
You will need:
- 1 portobello cap
- 1 c shelled edamame
- 1/2 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T olive oil
Then you will…
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, puree the portobello, edamame, garlic and onion until finely chopped.
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, cayenne and Dijon. Pulse until the chicken is chopped and ingredients are well combined.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat (I used a cast iron).
- Add the patties and cook, turning once, until both sides are browned. This will take roughly 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in the preheated oven. Bake until the patties are cooked through, another 12-14 minutes.
- Serve hot!