This is a simple recipe for blondie cookie bars. I added some spices and dark rum, which is particularly scrumptious with all of the caramel goodness from the brown sugar. The batter comes together quickly, and it’s based on ingredients you likely have in your pantry right now. What are you waiting for?
You will need:
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 8 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt, scant
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 2 T dark rum
- 1 c whole wheat flour
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment or tinfoil and lightly grease.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and rum.
- Stir in the flour just until mixed together.
- Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and set in the middle.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Continue cooling on a wire rack before enjoying with others!